Tyrone A. Blackburn is a fiercely dedicated attorney that you want in your corner when fighting against those who have wronged you. Get in touch today to discuss your unique situation and explore your options.
Examples of the rights you have under employment include but are not limited to the following:
- To not be discriminated against because of your race, color national origin, disability, or gender as outlined under the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- To be paid or compensated according to local, state, and federal laws. This includes being free from pay discrimination. For example, if you are a woman who is doing the same work as a male coworker, you deserve the same pay or compensation as your coworker.
- To be free from unwanted sexual and inappropriate sexual behavior occurring in the workplace. This includes the right to have a work environment that is not hostile due to frequent and pervasive sexually inappropriate behavior, racial discrimination, or other types of discrimination.
- To be free from being wrongfully fired based on a violation of an employment contract/agreement, or violation of a state or federal law, such as firing someone due to pregnancy, childbirth, race, or any other protected characteristic or for whistleblowing activities.
- To be permitted to take family and medical leave according to the law when it is appropriate, such as after a child is born or when severe injury or illness affects you or your family.
- To be free from retaliation from your employer for engaging in legally protected activities or as a result of complaints about work conditions or for alerting authorities to unethical or illegal activity on the part of your employer.
Employment Lawyer in New York
Many aspects of your employment are protected under law. When these laws are violated, we can fight to help you get financial compensation to which you may be entitled for any damages and harm you have suffered. That is the monetary form of justice you will receive. You will also be rewarded by helping to prevent others from being treated unfairly who may come after you at your place of employment in the future.
Your employment law rights pertain to all aspects of employment, including the hiring process, day-to-day work, promotions, compensation, transfers, schedules, employment contracts, benefits, overtime, and termination. Where you have a grievance, a claim can made against your employer that may result in such damages as back pay, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, and more. Our firm will fight to help you recover a fair and just result.
We Will Go to Court for YouOur Litigation Services
- Employment Law
- Executive Compensation Negotiation & Resolution
- Wage & Hour Law
- Wage Theft
- Sexual Harassment & Assault
- Medical Malpractice
- Labor & Delivery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Wrongful Death
Our firm also represents client who have suffered losses and harm through medical negligence or misconduct. These are often complex cases involve the actions or inactions of hospitals, clinics, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, surgeons, and other medical professionals. When these professionals fail to follow the accepted standards of practice, they can be held liable for any damages you suffer as a consequence.
Gender Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault
We have represented women against Hip-hop mogul Clifford Harris (“T.I.”) and his wife Tameka Harris (“Tiny”), Fox Rothschild LLP, and Airbnb.
Wage Theft and Discrimination
We have represented clients against UPS, several NYC hospitals and healthcare institutions, several NYC restaurants, Morgan Stanley, and TATA Consultancy Services, Inc.
ADA and Disability
We have represented clients against a Fortune 500 company.
Let T. A. Blackburn Law, PLLC Help You
Our firm provides focused and knowledgeable legal help designed to give you the legal remedies needed for justice when you have been wronged at work or in a medical setting. You will want someone in your corner who truly cares about the outcome and who will fight using every skill, tool, and method available to ensure that you receive the justice you deserve. Our firm is committed to being your advocate, to ensure your voice is heard, and to seeking a redress of wrongs under state and federal law.
Talk to our New York lawyer for employment law, sexual harassment, and medical malpractice about your case by calling (347) 427-5999 today.
Empathy. Knowledge. Passion.Why T. A. Blackburn Law, PLLC is Different
T. A. Blackburn Law, PLLC valiantly challenges major corporations, government institutions, and those who irresponsibly wield their power to restore dignity to clients.
Mr. Blackburn knows that your case is worth pursuing and he will keep fighting until he has no fight left.
As someone who has faced discrimination and injustice himself, Mr. Blackburn understands what it takes to craft winning strategies.
Mr. Blackburn has taken several cases to administrative agencies like the EEOC and to State and Federal court, most of which have led to significant victories and settlements.
If you believe you were wronged, don't hesitate to get legal counsel and representation by a skilled and knowledgeable attorney. Reach out to T. A. Blackburn Law, PLLC today to speak with an attorney today.